In this article, we’ll talk about manual orders, why they’re essential, and how to create them in SureCart. We’ll explain everything step by step, so it’s easy to understand.
Let’s get started!
What is a Manual Order?
As a SureCart store owner, you have a feature called “manual order.”
This feature lets you create orders for your customers without needing them to be part of the process. You can simply create the orders by yourself and send the charges to your customers without any hassle.
Let’s understand this with an example.
Imagine a customer who wants to buy something from your shop, but they can’t do it online like usual. Maybe they call you, meet you in person, or even send you an email to place their order.
In such cases, you can create a manual order to keep everything organized and make sure they get what they want.
With a manual order, you don’t have to worry about a fancy online checkout process. Instead, you can simply provide the important information related to the order and create the order.
You’ll type in the customer’s details, like their name, address, and contact info. Then, you add the products they want to buy, making sure to get the correct quantity and everything.
Now, here comes the cool part! Depending on how your customer wants to pay, you’ve got options.
- Manual Payment Methods: You can collect the payment for your service through manual payment modes like cash on delivery, cheques, etc.
- Debit from Stripe: If the customers’ card details are saved in Stripe, you can charge their card directly for the order amount.
- Payable invoice (Coming Soon): We’re working on a new feature where you can send your customers a particular bill called an invoice. They can securely pay the invoice amount through a checkout link when it’s ready.
Once the payment is sorted out, the customer’s order gets created in your SureCart store and you can find it on your Orders page.
Oh, and here’s one more awesome thing! If you want to give discounts or offer wholesale prices to your customers, you can do that too with manual orders.
How to Create a Manual Order
To create a manual order on behalf of your customer, follow these steps below.
- To begin, go to your SureCart dashboard and click the “Orders” menu.
- Now, click on the “Add New” button.
- To choose the products you want to include in the order, simply click on the “Add Product” button. This will bring up a list of available products that you can add to the order.
- In the dropdown menu, you can select the product you want to include in the order. Feel free to choose as many products as you need by clicking on each product’s name in the list.
- Now, let’s move on to the Customer section. Here, you have two options: You can either select an existing customer from the SureCart store or create a new one. To see both options, click on the customer dropdown menu.
Please note: Currently, only customers in live mode will be available for selection.
- In our example, we have selected a customer who is already in the SureCart store.
- A shipping choice will appear during the checkout process. Then, simply select the shipping price that applies to this order.
- You may choose to click on the “Add Coupon Code” field to apply a coupon discount to your order. If you prefer not to use a coupon discount, you can skip this step along with step 9.
- To apply the coupon code, simply type it in the “Add Coupon Code” field, and then click on the “Apply” button.
- If the coupon is valid, it will be applied successfully. Now, let’s proceed with the shipping & tax address.
- If you need to make changes to the customer’s address or remove it entirely, simply click on the three dots button. From there, you’ll have the option to edit or delete the address as needed.
- After clicking on the three dots button, we can click on “Edit” to make changes to the customers’ address and it will open a pop-up on the screen.
- You can simply make the changes you want to the address. Once you’re satisfied with the updates, just click on the “Update” button to save them.
- If you want to add any tax ID to this order, you can click on the “Add A Tax ID” button. Then, a pop-up will appear where you can enter the necessary tax information. But if you do not want to add it, you can skip this step and step 15.
- Just enter the customer’s Tax ID in the provided field, and when you’re done, click the “Update” button to save your changes.
- To add a payment method, simply click on the “Add Payment Method” button, and a small window will appear on your screen.
- If the customer has saved any cards that can be reused for payment, you will see them listed on this screen. Just choose the card you want to use and click the “Choose” button to apply it for the payment.
Please note that If the customer doesn’t have a reusable card, you will get an alert that the customer doesn’t have any card saved.
In that case, you may ask your customer to update card details from their dashboard.
- When you’re ready, click on the “Create Order” button. Then, a pop-up confirmation screen will appear, and you can proceed to create the order.
- Once you’ve provided the information for the order, simply click the “Create Order” button, and your order will be created!
Please be aware that if the customer doesn’t have a reusable card, you’ll receive an alert indicating that your order will be created with manual payment mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your first manual order. Well done!
By following the same steps, you can create a manual order anytime you need. And if you have questions or if you need help, just reach out to us and we will be happy to help!