SureCart’s test payments feature lets you practice transactions without spending real money, making sure that your payment processes work accurately and reliably.
Testing in a safe space makes sure your online store data is accurate, avoiding any issues when you go live with real transactions.
Activating SureCart test mode in your WordPress dashboard is a simple process. You just have to follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Settings section under SureCart.
- Navigate to the Payment Processors section.
- Select your preferred payment processor and enable the test mode for it. Here we are using Stripe as an example:
If you haven’t signed in or set up your store completely, you will be redirected to the login page and prompted to complete the store setup.
- On this new page, navigate to the Test Mode section and click on the Connect button.
- Since you’re in test mode, you can click on Skip this form and avoid entering any Stripe payment information.
- You should see Stripe enabled in the Test Mode and the WordPress Settings section.
After activating test mode in your SureCart settings, proceed to enable it in your form. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Custom Forms section under SureCart.
- Select the form you want to put in test mode.
- From the dropdown, select the Test option.
- Click on the Update button in the top-right corner.
By now, test mode should be activated on your website. To confirm its functionality, let’s make a test payment:
- Navigate to the shop page on your website and buy any product item.
- Proceed to checkout and fill in the test Stripe information. Since the payment is in test mode, you don’t need to fill in real payment details.
If you are using our Stripe integration, you may want to use some test cards to test the transaction. You can find a list of test cards to use here.
- Activate Test Mode in your WordPress SureCart dashboard to check if the test payment was performed or not.
While not mandatory, you may want to clear out any test data from your account.
- To do this, navigate to SureCart Settings, then proceed to Payment Processors. Once there, choose the previously used payment processor—Stripe, in our case.
- Select General under Settings.
- Scroll down slightly and click on the Clear Test Data button.
A new prompt will appear, instructing you to type the CONFIRM text message. Your test data will be automatically deleted in a few minutes.
This action is irreversible, so please be sure you are not deleting any real data.
That’s it! We hope this guide helped you. Feel free to explore this feature on your own, and don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any further questions or feedback.