In this article, we will guide you on how to create and manage product collections, also known as product categories, in SureCart.
But, first, let’s understand a little more about product collections/categories.
Product Collections are a way to group related products together.
For example, if you run a clothing store, you might have collections like “Men’s Apparel,” “Women’s Apparel,” “Footwear,” etc.
Collections help organize your products, making it easier for customers to navigate your store and find what they’re looking for. You can create, edit, and assign products to Collections in SureCart.
You can also add these product collections to your store’s menu. This means they’ll appear at the top of your website, and you can even make them the main menu items.
And here’s the fun part!
You can be creative while creating product collections. Think about:
- Showing products from certain brands or designers.
- Featuring the newest arrivals so customers always see what’s new.
- Making collections based on what customers like the most, like top-rated items.
- Sorting products for special events, like weddings or birthdays.
- Grouping products by what they’re made of, like leather or silk.
- Grouping courses as per industry if you’re selling courses
- Highlighting locally made or handmade products if that’s your thing.
To sum it up, product collections help shoppers have a smoother, more enjoyable shopping experience by making it easy to find what they’re looking for.
How to Create a Collection
We will guide you through the step-by-step process of creating your own collection. Here’s what you need to do to create a product collection in SureCart:
- Click on “Products” in the SureCart menu.
- Click on the “Collections” menu.
- Click on the “Add New” button.
- If you want to modify the suggested permalink, click on the edit icon.
- Change it to your liking, and then click the “OK” button to save your change.
- If you wish, you can add a description. Then click on the “Create” button when you are satisfied with all the changes.
Done! You just created your first Collection.
How to Add Products to Collections
Now, we will guide you on how to add a product to one or multiple collections. This step is crucial but straightforward.
- To add products to your collection, start by clicking on the “Products” menu.
- To add a product to a collection, click on the “Edit” button for the product you wish to include in the collection.
- Click on the “Add to Collection” button located under the Collections section.
- You will notice a dropdown menu; select the Collection(s) to which you want this product to belong.
- Once you are satisfied, click on the “Save Product” button in the top-right corner.
Adding Product Collections to the Site Menu
In these steps, we will show you how to add collections to your WordPress menu.
- To add a Collection to the WordPress menu in a Classic Theme, go to “Appearance” and then select “Menus.”
- Click on the “Screen Options” tab.
- Check “Product Collections”; this will display the Menu Items for Product Collections.
- Click on “Product Collections” to expand it.
- Check the Collection(s) you want to add to your WordPress menu.
- Click on the “Add to menu” button and then click on the “Save Menu” button to save your changes.
How To Change Collections Permalink
If you wish to change the permalink of your collection page, it’s entirely possible. The process is similar to what we did for product templates. But if you’re not yet familiar with that, no worries; we’ll guide you through it here.
Furthermore, if you want to create distinct layouts for different collections, we’ve got you covered. It’s a straightforward process.
Let’s dive in.
- To modify your Collections Permalink, navigate to Settings > Permalinks.
- Choose the option that best suits your business needs. For demonstration purposes, we will select “Custom base.”
- Click the “Save Changes” button to save your permalink settings.
How to Modify a Collection Template
If you want to customize your collection page, here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the “Default” option from the Template dropdown menu.
- Select the SureCart Layout options.
- To edit the template, click on the “Edit template” link.
- Edit this template to your liking. You can change colors, spacing, fonts, positioning, remove elements, and more.
- Edit this template to your liking. You can change colors, spacing, fonts, positioning, remove elements, and more. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Save” button to confirm your changes.
That’s it. Your template has been successfully changed, and you will see it’s now listed as “Default (Customized).”
How to Add a Different Layout For a Specific Collection
If you also want to create different template layouts for different Collections, you can do that. This is an easy process, and we’ll guide you through it now.
- In the Template section of the Edit Product Collection screen, click on “Default (Customized).”
- Click on “Add Template.”
- Add a name for your Collection template, then click on the “Create” button.
- Click on “Edit template.” This will open the edit template screen, allowing you to make the changes you want. Once you are done, save the template.
- Finally, in the Edit Product Collection screen, you just need to select the desired template
How to Set Up Collections Badges
If you also want to style Collections Badges and also set how many badges should appear on the product page, make sure to follow the steps below.
- Go to SureCart Products and click on the “Template” dropdown to display the available options.
- Click on “Edit Template” to make changes to the template.
- Click on the “Block: Product Collection Badges” to edit it.
- Select the number of tags you want to display on the product page.
- Go to the Styles tab to modify the style of the Collections badge.
- Make all the desired modifications using the available styling options.
- Click the “Save” button to save your modifications.
- Click the “Save” button to confirm the changes.
Congratulations! Your product collections tag is now customized to better suit your store’s branding.
So that was everything you need to know related to Product collections in SureCart. Hope it was helpful. But if you need more information, feel free to reach out to us.
Frequent Asked Questions
Can I create a template for Collections in Elementor or another page builder?
Not at the moment. We currently only support Gutenberg, but we plan to add support for other builders in a future update.
How can I add a Collections menu for Full Site Editing themes (FSA Themes)?
We are actively working on this feature, and it’s in the final stages of development. However, we made the decision to launch without support for FSE themes in order to avoid any delays.
Are there any available shortcodes for Collections?
Yes, we do have a shortcode for Collections, as well as a filter for collections on the shop page. You can refer to the article that contains a list of all shortcodes to learn how to use each of them in the “Product Page” and “Product Collections Page” sections.